Last updated: May 30, 2021.
We at Or-Hof Law Firm (“we”, “our”, “us”), the owners and operators of the Israeli Data Protection Professionals Forum website (“Website”), respect your privacy. This policy explains our privacy practices for processing personal information related to you when you visit or use our website (“Website”), or other registration or contact channels (collectively, the “Service“).
- Personal Information That We Collect and Use
- What Do We Do with Personal Information Related to You?
- How Do We Share Personal Information Related to You?
- Aggregated and Analytical Information
- Your Choices
- Accessing Personal Information Related to You
- Data Retention
- Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
- Cookies and Trackers
- Information Security
- Contact Us
Personal Information That We Collect and Use
We collect and use the following personal information related to you:
- Personal information such as your name and email address, that you provide by filling in our contact form or by subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
- Any additional personal information related to you that you enter on our Website or provide us in any other way through the Service.
- When you contact us, we will process any personal information that you provide us.
- We also collect traffic data that your online activities generate, such as IP addresses, browser information, session durations and viewed pages.
What Do We Do with Personal Information Related to You?
We use personal information related to you for the following purposes:
- To operate and enable the Service, to send you Service-related updates, notices and announcements and to improve and customize your experience with the Service.
- To protect and enforce the rights and interests of our employees, users, suppliers, affiliates, business partners, and our own rights and interests, and to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding.
- To prevent and remediate fraud, misappropriation, infringements, violations, identity theft, cyber-attacks and other security incidents, illegal activities and misuse or abuse of the Service.
- To comply with any requests and orders of law enforcement agencies and authorities.
How Do We Share Personal Information Related to You?
We do not sell, rent or lease personal information related to you. We share personal information related to you for the following purposes:
- We will share personal information related to You with third-party service providers to help us operate, manage and protect the Service and our operations. They provide us with services such as analytics, information security, IT support and email transmission.
- We will disclose personal information related to you with or without notice (a) if required by a judicial or administrative order; (b) where required by law; or (c) at our sole discretion, when we deem it necessary to protect the safety of any individual, the general public, or to prevent violations of our rights or interests, or the rights or interests of any third party.
- A merger, acquisition or any other structural change will require us to transfer personal information to another entity as part of the structural change.
Aggregated and Analytical Information
We use Google Analytics and other analytics tools from time to time. The privacy practices of third-party service providers are subject to their own policies. Please review Google Analytics’ policy at: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. Analytics services use personal information for their own purposes. Please review the “Your Choices” section below for opt-out options.
We may use anonymous, statistical and aggregated data that we derive from personal information related to you to drive insights, statistics, trends and predictions for our internal use and will share it at our discretion for lawful business purposes. It has no effect on your privacy, because there is no reasonable way to extract data from the aggregated information that we or others can associate specifically to you.
You are not required by law to provide us with the personal information above. Additionally, we provide you with the following choices for controlling personal information related to you that we use:
- At any time you may opt out of our mailing lists, or request that personal information related to you not be shared with our affiliates or with our third-party providers. It may take up to 10 business days for your opt-out request to take effect.
- At any time you can stop using our Website, and we will stop collecting any respective personal information from you or about you. However, we will store and continue using or making available certain personal information that is related to you. For further information, please read the Data Retention section in this policy.
- Please use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/, or any other opt-out mechanism offered by Google to stop the collection of your personal information by Google Analytics.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your choices.
Accessing Personal Information Related to You
If you find that personal information related to you is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please provide us the necessary information to correct it.
At any time you can contact us at email@example.com and request to access the personal information that we keep about you. We will ask you to provide certain credentials to verify your identity. If required under applicable law, we will make good-faith efforts to locate and provide you with a copy of personal information related to you that you request and that resides on our information systems.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes of using such information under this policy and as permitted by law. Contact information that you provide us is necessary for providing the Service, but we will delete such information upon your written request.
We will keep aggregated non-identifiable information without limitation. To the greatest reasonable extent, we will endeavor to delete or de-identify potentially identifiable information when we no longer need to process the information in an identifiable form.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
We may store and process information in various sites throughout the globe, including in Israel and in sites operated and maintained by cloud-based service providers in the United States.
If you are a resident in a jurisdiction where transfer of personal information related to you to another country requires your consent, then you provide us your freely given, expressed, specific and unambiguous consent for such transfer.
Cookies and Trackers
Cookies are small files that a web server sends to a user’s device when the user browses online. Your device removes session cookies when you close your browser session. Persistent cookies last for longer periods. You can view the expiry date of each cookie through your browser settings.
Google Analytics places its own cookies to provide us with its analytics services. We do not control these cookies. Please read the Choices section in this policy for opt-out options from Google Analytics.
From time to time we will use session and persistent cookies and other web-tracking technologies, such as pixel tags and local storage objects, to facilitate the use of the Service’s features and tools and to improve users’ experience with our Service.
Every browser allows you to manage your cookies preferences. You can block or remove certain or all cookies through your browser settings.
We maintain the confidentiality of personal information related to you and we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use. We take reasonable measures to protect personal information related to you from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We do not guarantee that the Service is immune from cyberattacks, malicious activities, malfunctions, honest mistakes or other types of abuse and misuse of personal information.
From time to time we will need to update this policy. If the updates have minor or no consequences, they will take effect 7 days after we post a notice on our Website, or after we send you a notice through email. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after we initially post or send our notice. If we need to adapt this policy to legal requirements, the new policy will become effective immediately or as required.
Until the new policy takes effect, you can choose not to accept it and terminate your use of the Service. Continuing to use the Service after the new policy takes effect means that you agree to the new policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about the way that we process personal information related to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your query and make a good-faith effort to respond promptly.